8 January 2015

Games Mechanic - Vertical Slice


Mighty Ducks - Arena


For the second, more open brief my group has decided to produce a game that is similar to a gladiatorial arena, played from the third person. This led to me thinking about a third person character controller on the Unity Asset Store, the Third Person MMO Controller. After installing the package and testing it out in the demo scene I feel confident in what this asset offers.



With the game concept also needing enemies, pathing will be important. Over Christmas I read up on Unity's NavMesh system, and using the demo scene I baked a Navmesh using the default settings and set up a capsule to follow the player. Whilst a little janky and maybe too smooth and mechanical, it shows promise and means we will not have to use a third party addon.

No comments:

Post a Comment