25 June 2015

Bleak Devlog 24/06/2015


After much huffing and sulking and silently screaming into a mug of tea, I managed to plumb together two scripts (technically) and now trade prices automatically adjusts depending on the number of production buildings in the game world. There's some cleaning up to be done, such as moving it from Function Update to a less intensive function, as well as possibly just using the value kept in the ProductionManager. There's a train of thought that justifies merging the two scripts, but I'll cross that bridge when it comes to actually start production, instead of just planning all of this in prototype code. No point in taking GIF's of the actual game scene just yet, it's just green cubes popping into existence on a grotesquely shiny plane. Actual in-game work will come later once more of the framework's in place.

I was also going to show the start of a style guide, but work can't begin on that until I find my copy of Lowry and the painting of Modern Life. The works of L.S. Lowry, to me perfectly marry gritty subject matter with a stylised, simplified look.

Artist: L.S. Lowry 1887-1976, Date: 1955, Industrial Landscape

The washed out simplistic design of the buildings and features of Lowry's body of work would suit a low-poly style, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment